The most memorable military motion pictures are generally those based on true events. One of the most riveting depictions of war in the past decade is Clint Eastwood's American Sniper. The enthralling tale of the most accomplished marksman in U.S. military history, Chris Kyle, is both inspiring and tragic. The film itself made an impact on millions of Americans as it earned more than $500 million in the box office and received six Academy Award nominations, winning one. The memoir that preceded it, "American Sniper: The Autobiography of the Most Lethal Sniper in U.S. Military History," sold more than a million copies and was on the The New York Times "Best Seller" list for 40 weeks. Needless to say, Kyle's bravery and patriotism pulled on the heartstrings of many.
Although he passed in 2013, Kyle's name still lives on through his foundation. In the wake of tragedy, The Chris Kyle Frog Foundation was formed to preserve this American hero's legacy and bolster the families of military personnel and first responders. In 2015, The Chris Kyle Frog Foundation partnered with Complete Customs of McKinney, Texas to build tribute vehicles - two Wranglers (which were on the cover of Issue 9) and one Yukon - to increase awareness for the foundation's cause. The GMC was eventually raffled to support the foundation and the Jeeps are displayed at different events across the United States.
The chief designer for the builds was Robbie Bryant of Keg Media. For 2016, Keg Media and Complete Customs partnered up again for a build that would take the customization and creativity to another level. Known for his outstanding automotive renderings, Bryant set out to create a tribute vehicle unlike any other. "I had this vision in my head," Bryant explains. "I wanted to build a Jeep to look like something you'd see on top of a mountain in fresh snow." The next step was to transform Bryant's vision into a reality and Complete Customs was up for the assignment.
The Arctic Frog began as a stock 2016 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon, but little of the factory components still remain. The Rubicon was completely transformed into a one-of-a-kind, off-road rig. The list of upgrades is virtually endless beginning with the exaggerated exterior. For starters, the Jeep features Fab Fours body armor, including the sinister, one-piece GRUMPER grille and bumper combo. The Fab Fours ViCowl was also incorporated providing windshield protection, additional lighting options and shot of serious attitude. Aggressive Fab Fours fenders were added and the Jeep was completely covered in Kryptek Yeti Camoliner.
And as impressive as the body modifications are, it's what's underneath that makes this Rubicon so special. The Jeep was treated to a full Icon Vehicle Dynamics coilover suspension and tramples terrain via 150M1-A1-SA Mattracks. This track system features 16" tread width, independent offset rocker arm internal suspension and boasts a ground contact surface area of up to 26 square feet. Ultimately, the Mattracks provide the Arctic Frog with the ability to scale obstacles that tires would simply never stand a chance against. To aid in propelling this massive monstrosity, a Sprintex twin screw supercharger was added providing over 50% more horsepower and almost 30% more torque than stock.
Upon completion, the Arctic Frog made its debut at the 2016 SEMA show in Las Vegas and was unveiled to Chris's wife, Taya Kyle, in the KEG Media booth. Since its debut at SEMA, the Arctic Frog has traveled the country increasing awareness for the Chris Kyle Frog Foundation and keeping Chris Kyle's spirit alive and well.
Concept/owned by Keg Media | Built by Complete Customs in McKinney, TX
- Mattracks M1A1 SA Tracks w/ Built-In Suspension System and Steering Assist - Both Powder Coated White To Match Jeep
- Icon Vehicle Dynamics 4-6.5" Coilover Conversion Lift - Stage 2
- Sprintex Supercharger
- R1 Concepts Rotors and Pads
- Yukon Gear and Axle 4.56 Gears
- MBRP Inc. Offroad Exhaust Kit
- DiabloSport Tuner
- Custom Tuned by True Street Performance (McKinney, TX)
- White Yeti Kryptek Camoliner Coating
- Fab Fours Grumper Front Bumper/Grille Combo
- Fab Fours ViCowl
- Fab Fours Rear Bumper
- Fab Fours Rock Sliders
- Fab Fours Aggressive Front and Rear Fenders
- Fab Fours Roof Rack
- RK Sport Extractor Hood
- Warn Industries ZEON 12-S Platinum Winch w/ Factor 55 Flat Link
- 4 Monster Hooks Reaper Shackles and 2 Swivel Hooks
- Infinite Rule Security Locks
- (12) Rigid Industries White Radiance Cube Lights
- (10) Rigid Industries White Rock Lights
- Truck-Lite LED Headlights by Rigid Industries
- JW Speaker Model 279 J Series LED JK Taillights
- sPod Unit Controlling All
- Viair On-Board Air System
- ProMaxx Slant Back Hard Top
- Huper Optik Ceramic Window Film
- Ace Engineering Spare Tire Delete
- RotopaX Carrier w/ 2 RotopaX Storage Systems
- Alea Leather Black and White Leather Seating w/ Napa Grain Leather (Pattern Designed To Look Like Tracks Impressions In The Snow)
- BedTred Flooring by BedRug
- Audio System by Soundscape Car Audio in Dallas, TX
- Alpine X009-WRA In-Dash Restyle System
- (1) PowerBass XMA-2000D Mono Block Mini Amplifier
- (2) PowerBass XMA-4250IR 1000W 4-Channel Mini Full Range Class-D Car Amplifier
- PowerBass 2XL-60.3C 6.5" 3-Way System
- PowerBass 2XL-653 6.5" Full Range Coaxial Car Speakers
- PowerBass XL-POD6SR 6.5" Short Range Speaker Pods
- PowerBass XL-POD8 8" Wakeboard Tower Speaker Pods
- PowerBass XL-1000 Power Sports 10 Speaker Sound Bar
- (2) PowerBass Xtreme 2XL-124D 12" Dual 4-Ohm Xtreme 2XL Series Subwoofers
Complete Customs, Camoliner, Fab Fours, Icon Vehicle Dynamics, Mattracks, Sprintex Superchargers, Alea, Leather, PowerBass, Alpine, SoundSkins, ProMaxx Jeep Tops, Rigid Industries, Warn Industries, Monster Hooks, Factor 55, InfiniteRule Security, Yukon Gear and Axle, RK Sport, R1 Concepts, Viair, Ace Engineering, RotopaX, BedRug, MBRP Exhaust, DiabloSport, sPod, Billet Badges, Huper Optik